The Motorsport Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Motorsport Spot

Place for lovers of all things automotive to share their passion.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Almost ready to get back to work

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob D.
3500rpm
Rob D.

Almost ready to get back to work Empty
PostSubject: Almost ready to get back to work   Almost ready to get back to work EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:48 am

Well as some of you might know, I got a piece of metal in my eye last week, went to the doctor and he had to pull it out with a pair of tweezers, thats when he said that he saw that it had been in my eye long enough to leave a rust ring in my cornea. Well he wanted to leave it for a day and see if it lifted to the surface of my eye (in hopes of my eye naturally wiping the rust clear). Well that didnt work so he had to scrape scrape the rust out of my cornea and unfortunatly left a small divot in my eye that he had to cover with a contact lens while my eye had time to heal. Well after 4 days of wearing that contact and putting steroid drops and antibiotics in my eye every hour, I went back in to see him and he removed the contact and took another look at my eye. We both have high hopes that I can still go through with the corrective eye surgery, but he did find that new rust had formed under my cornea but thinks that the little i have should raise to the top and actually wipe clean this time. I have my first appointment friday for the corrective surgery, but I am more worried about getting into the garage and getting the hands dirty with the Corrado build. I dont think that I can take it much longer... Im itching to cut, grind, weld, and smooth...... All i know right now is that I will be in my garage this weekend looking like a pirate with a eye patch if I have too....

COME HELL OR HIGH WATER!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Almost ready to get back to work   Almost ready to get back to work EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 11:17 am

Now thats dedication! I hope it all heals alright. Arggghh!
Back to top Go down
https://themotorsportspot.forumotion.com
The Dude
8200rpm
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: Almost ready to get back to work   Almost ready to get back to work EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 9:25 pm

Yeah that's a good reminder to wear some good safety glasses in the garage. My g/f got coin dust in her eye once, as she is a slot tech. That was freaky. Hope the rust works it's way out on it's own! Good luck! Happy wrenching!
Back to top Go down
papa_los
Admin
papa_los

PostSubject: Re: Almost ready to get back to work   Almost ready to get back to work EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 11:56 pm

Damn Rob thats some crazzy stuff . Take it easy til your ready . We dont need you driving around with one eye ........... shit most people cant drive with 2 lol .

On the real , this is a good message to remind everyone to be careful . Take it easy .......
Back to top Go down
Turbo
3500rpm

PostSubject: Re: Almost ready to get back to work   Almost ready to get back to work EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 6:00 am

Hope it gets better Rob. I'm sure you'll be back wrenching soon.

Hope this reminds some people that it can happen to anyone, remember to wear PPE for any job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Almost ready to get back to work   Almost ready to get back to work Empty

Back to top Go down

Almost ready to get back to work
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Motorsport Spot :: Welcome to the Motorsport Spot :: Post-whoring section-
Jump to: